Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Time....

Christmas is a holiday I always look forward to. Even more so now that I live so far away from family and friends.
Christmas also brings a lot of different personalities together that sometimes clash. We can love our family members and still not always like them. Reality is, loving someone doesn't mean you will always like them and agree with them.

This year I realized something. Actually, a few things....

1. I still have a temper. It takes a lot more to make me so angry that I "loose" it momentarily, but I still have it. I am pretty sure it's always going to be deep down in my blood. I think instead of working on my temper, I should spend more time working on how I respond when I start to boil. 

2. I love my sister more than I realize. When I feel like her heart is breaking, mine does. When I feel like she is sad, it makes me sad. When I know she's happy, my heart could burst with happiness for her. I truly love her. 

3. There has only been a small (and I mean tiny) amount of people who have changed my first impression of them. The rest, I was 100% correct about. 

4. Lazy people are so eager to call our someone else's faults. I guess it's easy to sit on the couch and think about everything else people do that you don't like. 

5. I should make a public announcement that no one has to "walk on egg shells" around me. I simply ask for the same respect that you expect from others. If "walking on egg shells" means waiting to say something behind my back instead of to my face because you are to much of a coward to hear the truth about yourself, well... I suppose you probably SHOULD "walk on egg shells" around me. 

6. I dislike more than anything else butt kissers. People who take crap from other people because that person makes more money than you. It's pathetic and degrading. 

7. My mom has the biggest heart in the entire world. She spends so much time, money and energy making Christmas perfect for everyone. I hope she knows that it doesn't go unnoticed. I love that she loves my boys like her own. Wait... not like her own... better than her own children. She was an amazing mom, but she is the most incredible Nana any kid could ever have. 



Okay, I think that's all the important ones. 

Here are some quick pictures of our Christmas. I'll try to caption them as I add them. :) 

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas this year. 

                                                              
Josh and me at Mema & Papa's. 
My niece Keira! 

My niece Payson! 


Christmas Morning! I think they were actually shocked that Santa brought them toys. 

Christmas at Pa and Nana's house. (Left from right) Kolin, Brennon, Tripp, Kaylee, & Zachary. 




No comments:

Post a Comment