Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An apology to my 5th child...

I would like to go ahead and make an apology to you, my sweet child. 

I am so very sorry... 


I'm sorry some family members wont acknowledge your existence until they see you at Easter. 

You will be the center of our attention every single day. 


I'm sorry that people aren't as excited about you as they were with baby #1. 

Your mama, daddy, and brothers are thrilled and can't wait to meet you!

I'm sorry that people wont dote on you like they did with Zachary. 

Your mama, daddy and brothers will make up for it, I promise.  

I'm sorry that people assume that because you are the fifth child, you are more of a burden than a blessing.

You have always been considered a blessing to us, but are even more of a blessing to us after loosing 2 babies before you.

I'm sorry you will be given a number, instead of a name before you are born.

I try to say your name often so you'll know your name isn't "baby number 5".

I'm sorry that your daddy and I are bringing you into a world that will look at our family and think you are only here because we wanted a girl.

We loved you before we knew your gender. 

I'm sure this will be the first of many apologies I give you while I'm borrowing you from God...
I will try to show you why having 5 kids can be just as rewarding as having one. I pray that as you grow you want your home to be blessed with a house full of children as well. 
I pray that hearts are changed and people see that our home may be crazy, loud, and insane to others... but its perfect to us. 

Zachary is perfect. 
Brennon is perfect.
Tripp is perfect.
Landry is perfect.
And you my sweet baby girl are perfect. 






4 comments:

  1. This frustrates me to no end! I think it's awesome, you are awesome and that precious baby girl is already super blessed by her mama, daddy & big brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really stinks that many people feel this way about large families. I know you will love this baby just as much as you do all your other children, so try not to let the negative people get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And some people will love her, even if they don't see her often enough. Very well said. They are all precious and she will be as well.

    ReplyDelete