Friday, January 13, 2012

What will they be like?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only mother who watches their children play and learn and wonder what they will be like when they get older. I don't want to rush time to find out either. 

I watch Zachary learning and growing taller and stronger each day and I wonder what he'll grow up being like. Will he be a teacher? He takes so much pride in teaching his younger brothers all the stuff he learns at school. Will he be a politician? He is amazingly awesome at convincing us one thing when we know it's something completely different. Will he follow in his daddy's footsteps and make video games since he loves them so much? Or will he surprise us all and become a doctor? :) 

I watch Brennon and I'm amazed at how far he has come since he was born. He was born into a life that just wasn't nice to him at times. Yet through it all he has maintained his sense of humor. He can make you laugh when you want to scream. I foresee some sort of acting in his future. You are bound to see Brennon in a comedy movie one day. He also is a bright child. While it took him forever to learn to ride a bike, it took him 1 time playing "Match" before he could easily beat the entire family. His memory is amazing! His humbleness is also amazing to me. He takes after his mama in not being materialist at all. Sure, we both like nice things, but do we need it? No. Brennon would have been ecstatic to get nothing but a Wiggles DVD for Christmas. I can picture Brennon the president of a non profit agency of some sort. 

My sweet Tripp. He is by far the happiest child I've ever seen. He smiles ALL THE TIME. It's a little early to try to guess what he'll be when he grows up but I can assure you it wont be politics. Maybe a preacher. Or a race car driver. By age 18 months he was riding his brothers big bike. I'm talking about a 16" bike with training wheels. And he doesn't just poke along... Is is full speed around the house. He falls, and he gets back up. I don't know what he'll end up being but I know that he will require lots of medical insurance. :) 

My mind often thinks about these things and I always end my thoughts with a prayer for safety and a love for Christ. 

Whatever they end up doing.... I know this mama will be proud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment