Monday, January 30, 2012

Why friends are important

“A friend is someone who, upon seeing another friend in immense pain, would rather be the one experiencing the pain than to have to watch their friend suffer.”


I have a very small amount of friends that I consider actual friends. 
And to those friends I would do just about anything for. 

They are the people who I love. 
They are the people who drive me crazy.
They are the people that despite driving me crazy are the one's I want to always be there for. 

Friends are important for several reasons but to me these are the most important. 

1. Sometimes you need to say out loud to another human being that life sucks and know that they don't think you are being negative. They understand that sometimes life DOES suck, and sometimes saying it makes it suck a little less.

2. When you are having a super emotional day for no reason whatsoever, your friends are there to make you laugh.

3. Sometimes you just need to hear a familiar voice saying I love you without expecting anything in return. 

4. You know you can call a friend and tell them "I'm going to kill these kids today!" and they KNOW you really aren't going to kill them. They understand that those days come and go and they remind you of the days when the kids were being so sweet you mentioned you could have 20 of them. 

5. Friends are important when life is going great and you want to brag about how perfect life is at that very moment. 

6. And friends are important on those days that your heart has been crushed in a billion pieces and you can't find a single person in the world that understands that pain. 

Today I am very thankful for my few friends who are all very much different, but very much alike. They each have a common piece of a very important puzzle in my life. I wont list them by name, because if you are reading this, you know if you are one of those people. 

And on this day... I want to say Thank You. Thank you for being there. 

If friends were flowers, I'd always pick you. 

:) 

And now I'll spam you with old photos that make my heart smile. 



















1 comment:

  1. uh huh....I guess we ain't friends no more huh? Thats fine, i have more!

    ReplyDelete