Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finally got started on some projects...

I have a piece of paper on my fridge of projects to get done.

After a week of beautiful sunshine I decided  that a few of those could be knocked off that list.

I've been meaning to touch up my kitchen cabinets.
It's really not that hard to do.
Doesn't cost much.
But makes a HUGE difference.


I'm super happy with the results! I painted these while the boys played and Landry napped.
It only took about an hour to get brand new cabinets.

Can't beat that!


My next project was a bigger one... but SOOOO worth the hard work.


This beauty has been in my family for years. When Josh and I got married we used this chest of drawers as our entertainment center. I had a love, hate relationship with it. 
I loved the piece but hated the way it looked. 

So after 7.5 years I finally decided it was time to give this beauty a face lift. 




And my finished product....



Sorry for the blurry picture. I'll try to replace it soon with a better one. 



The new knobs we decided on. 


And then our last project before the stomach bug hit. 


We bought this at Goodwill for $15

(I realize it kinda looks like Handy Maney's tool box)

But it's HUGE inside and I knew it could hold most of the kids larger toys.

For us, it made sense.

But this solid piece of wood was ugly.


And I wasn't sure of the paint color I wanted... so we went with white.
Actually, it's a shade of cream instead of stark white...

Regardless... here she is now.


I'm still planning on doing some work on this one but not sure exactly what quite yet. Right now it works well in our spare room. 

1 comment: