Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Changes and Changes

We recently moved again and it dawned on me that I had never posted the old house. I plan to keep most of the same kind of decor but change things up just a tad here in the new place. I'm excited and ready to get my hands dirty. In the move I found a few pieces of furniture that I hadn't yet put some paint on so that will be happening soon! 

The old house was white. Okay, maybe white isn't the right word. 
It had white dirty trim. 
White dirty walls. 
White doors. 
White white white everywhere. 

After a lot of hard work, we made the place our home. 

Here are some after pictures! 

Our fireplace. I loved this part of the house! I never did get around to
changing out the picture in the middle. 
Boys bathroom. I found this towel hook at Kirklands.
We used it for mostly towels but as you can see it worked
fabulous for drying bathing suits too! 


The living room. The carpet was stained and a nasty brown but we were renting so nothing could
be done about that. Everyone has a treadmill in their living room/dinning room, right? 

Probably my favorite room to paint and put together. Anniston's nursery.
I made the bow holder out of a large picture frame and ribbon. I added hooks on the bottom
so I could hang her headbands. Turned out fabulous! 

Anniston enjoying her tee/ 

Hot pink dresser? Yes please! This dresser is not real wood and I had tried to paint it several times with regular paint and failed miserably. I used chalk paint this go around it turned out AWESOME!!!
I had an old canvas with a terrible print on it that I bought for $2.00 at Goodwill I painted white and spelled out Annistons name on. Used puff paint and glitter to write her name and called it a day. Total cost for dresser and canvas- $15.00.

Here are the before
pictures of the dresser. It belonged to my husband before we got married and aside from the knobs and it being ugly, it was a solid dresser. 


Please keep checking back for more before and afters from the new house! It's already full of so much charm and I can't wait to show you guys where we call home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment