Thursday, December 10, 2015

10 years

Today marks 10 years since I married my husband. 
We don't have a love story that would be deemed romantic by facebook. 
We met and married within 4 months and some would say we married because I got pregnant. Truth is, we knew before then that we were going to end up spending our lives together. 
I married him before I knew his quirks. I married him before I knew he snored so loud that I would be awoken from my deep slumber.

 I married him because I just knew he was my one




We don't have a part in the 10 years that jolted our marriage so hard that we found each other all over again and came back stronger. We haven't dealt with any infidelity or falling out of love with each other. We are, and have been, just two people who got married because we loved each other and knew we wanted to grow old together. Truth is, everyday life has been kind of stressful. Adding 5 kids to our marriage has added stress that we have figured out together. We have worked through the everyday stresses, the hustle and bustle of marriage and we have figured out the quirks that some marriages dissolve over. And it's made us stronger. And more in love. 

Do I love him more today than I did 10 years ago?
You better believe it. 

He is my better half? 
Yes, he's the best part of me. 

How our marriage has worked for 10 years isn't a big secret or mystery. It's actually VERY simple. 
We love each other. And we work everyday, through the tiniest of things to always show love to each other. We don't take for granted that in the world we live in now it's acceptable to just "fall out of love" and divorce without any judgement. We know that it's easier to just leave when things get tough but we made a promise to each other 10 years ago that we would do this together. We promised to stick it out, fix broken things- not throw it away, and to just be there for each other. 

Happy 10 years my love.... Thanks for sticking it out with me. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment