Thursday, May 24, 2012

Homesick

I'm definitely homesick. 

I miss being around family and friends. 
I miss being able to pick up the phone and arranging a meet up. 
I miss stopping by my mom's house just to see her. 
I miss my nieces. 
I miss my sister.
I miss my friends.
I miss the familiarity of my home town.

I miss Georgia. Period.

I have enjoyed living in South Carolina. We plan on staying here a bit longer. It makes sense to be here right now. But I still have moments of being emotional and just wanting to be "home" again. 

Now that we have 4 kids under age 5 it gets a bit hectic... and with a newborn in the house it's a bit exhausting. I would give anything to be able to pick up the phone and call my mom and ask for a couple of hours of her help. But I can't. 
And that makes me even more homesick right now. 

I find myself getting super jealous when I see or hear of friends spending time with other friends. 
It's not that I don't want them spending time with other friends, but I miss having that same experience. 
I miss spending time with my friends dangit. 

Today is probably a terrible day to write a blog because I've been up since 3am with Landry and Zachary is officially out of school (which means all 4 kids here all day). 
I'm living off fumes for sure. 
So my emotions are whacked.... 

Tomorrow will be better I'm sure... 
I just really needed to get everything on "paper" so I didn't have a nervous breakdown this evening. ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment