Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's a......

IT'S A
BOY!!!


Landry Owen was born Friday May 5, 2012 at 1:43pm via VBAC. 
He weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20 1/2" long. 

Labor was hell but delivery was super easy. 

I had a doctor appointment on Thursday May 4th. Ultrasound showed baby was approximately 6lbs 10oz and doing great. OBGYN appointment showed I was contracting and dilated to 3. The doctor stripped my membranes and I went home. I immediately started to feel the contractions more. I labored all day with light contractions about 5 minutes apart. This lasted until around 8:00pm that night, when I realized they had jumped to every 1-2 minutes apart. I labored at home with what I would consider medium contractions for the next couple of hours before loading the older kids up and taking them to my dad's house to stay the night while Josh and I went to the hospital. 

We made it to the hospital around 11:00pm. Contractions were showing regular at every 2-3 minutes apart but nothing much was changing. At midnight (or a little there after) they sent us home. Josh and I decided we would ride 10 minutes down the road and walk around Wal-Mart for an hour to see if the contractions would become more intense. Boy did they!! I felt "wet" in my underwear after walking for about 10 minutes in Wal-Mart and made a pit stop by the bathroom. I realized at the point my underwear and shorts were completely covered in blood. I immediately called the doctor back. We were told to come back immediately. 

When we got back to the hospital we were both very nervous that something may be wrong. We were assured it was normal and what I was going through was a very heavy "bloody show". 
I was hooked up to an IV and given a bag of fluids. Contractions were VERY intense at this point and very close together. I was experiencing severe nausea and a small pink bowl become my best friend. By 1am I was being admitted for the long haul. 

I labored on my own until 5am on Friday morning. I was exhausted and at that point begging for an epidural. Once the epidural was placed, I was great. I was able to move my legs (couldn't walk on them of course) but felt enough to know when I was having contractions but not in so much pain I wasn't enjoying my birthing experience. It was perfect. :) 

By 1:00pm I knew things were coming along. I had become VERY sick again. I was checked told I was 8cm. I knew things would speed along at that point. 

Within a few minutes I felt the sensation to push. Everyone and their brothers came in and the doctor wanted to see how I pushed. I pushed once and little Landry was crowing. I pushed 2 more times and he was here! The smoothest delivery to date. We had decided to do delay cord clamping and I was going to have him placed on me for as long as possible right after delivery. 
Those moments were amazing! I nursed him and enjoyed every second of those moments. 

After about 30 minutes, they took him and weighed him. He received a bath much later when we were in our room upstairs. 

We did have some issues yesterday when Landry refused to poop for us. Late last night (around 7pm) he finally gave us a bowel moment and we were given the clear to go home. 
(Turns out he had a "knot" of poop that took a lot longer to pass- but he's making up for it now!) :) 

He is a nursing champ and since being home is sleeping great. 

The brothers are so excited to have another brother too! 
I never thought I would be so overjoyed to bring another little guy into this house but I honestly can't imagine having anything but exactly what God has given me. If we choose to have more children, I wouldn't mind having another boy at this point. A daughter isn't what will make this family complete. Turns out, it doesn't matter what is under the diaper... My heart is full of love for this little person. :) 

Now.. time to spam you all with pictures. :) 

I <3 my epidural. 

Big ol' belly about to be gone.

Meeting Landry for the first time. 

He was content as a bug right here... 

He stared at me for the entire 30 minutes... 

Daddy trying to figure out how Landry looks like.



Nana and Landry

Granny and Landry

Excited to nurse again. :)

First Bath

Zachary meeting his brother for the first time. 

Tripp could have seriously cared less about Landry. 

Our first family picture with Landry. :)

Brennon meeting his brother Landry for the first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment