Monday, January 7, 2013

My New Hobby

I have said before I wont be setting resolutions this year. 

However, I do want to start a new hobby. 

Okay, really I've been wanting to start a new hobby but Thanksgiving came, then the flu, then Christmas so my search for a new hobby was put on the back burner. 

Until now. Call it whatever but the first of the year brought an increased desire to do something out of my box. I typically have a problem with wanting to do everything and getting tired out quickly with all the ideas swarming in my head. 

This year was not much different. I wanted to paint the boys bunk bed bright green, or perhaps bright blue... I wanted to make their room flow better as well. (Which I still totally plan on doing soon) 
But my main desire is to cook. 

Because we are an egg free, milk protein free, peanut free, mustard free home I have always felt somewhat limited on our meals. We have stuck to the same meal plan for the past 6-7 years. No one seems to mind the boring same ol' same ol'. 

But this was before pinterest. 

Now it seems as though I don't have to search all over the world wide web to find different recipes that are safe for us. 

Yes, I realize I'm behind on the pinterest fab. But I've been swamped people. I've pinned a few things here and there but never followed through with most of them.

But that was before I saw a simple recipe for crock pot chili and crock pot chicken & dumplings. 
Did I mention crock pot parmasen chicken?

Picture and recipe provided by crock pot chicken and dumpling


I should have noted I am in love with my crock pot. With 4 kids (plus my daycare babies) a crock pot is like the needle to a heroin addict. 

And so my new found hobby begins. I woke up at 5am to start my crock pot chicken and dumplings. I started cooking sausage and biscuits for the boys first day back at school after Christmas break. 
And by 6am had started a load of laundry. 

This whole cooking thing has made me feel like a bona fide home maker. 

And so far... I'm enjoying it. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I love chicken and dumplings! I am making this tonight for supper! I'm a new follower to your blog from over at {Country} Life with a Front Porch View! Hope you'll stop by and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete