Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sleepy Saturday

It's raining, and the kids are all tired from waking up at 4:30am. I'm exhausted. I managed to get the floors swept, and the kitchen cleaned (except for the small amount of dishes in the sink) But thats all you're getting out of me this morning. In 4+ years, I still have not figured out why my kids hate sleep. I love sleep. I think I could sleep for an entire day. Of course, that isn't possible with a 4 year old, 3 year old, and a 1 year old.

Since the kids got up so early, they are extremely whinny. I don't blame them, I want to lay in the floor and beat my hands and feet on the floor right now. I hate to wish my children's life away, even an hour of it, but today, I'm praying for 1:00 to hurry and get here. 1:00pm is nap time in the Gilbert household. And that nap time will include this mama today!! I can wash clothes after I sleep a bit. Josh has homework to do anyway. Maybe I can even bribe him into washing the few dishes in the sink. :)

Tomorrow is church. I'm excited to try out a church up the road that we went to a couple of weeks ago. When we went, a guest preacher was there and we didn't get to hear the regular preacher. I'm excited to hear the message. I think what I like about this church is that I can feel God in the building. He's not standing outside knocking on the door while the service is going on, begging to let him in. (Yes, I've been to those churches) You can tell that every word spoken, is God speaking through that person. I really like those types of services. :)

I've gone back and forth on weather going to church is important. I do believe we have Godly men and women that don't attend church. However, I've found from my personal experiences that going to church is healthy for Christian's. I think we always have room for improvement and going to church and feeling God's spirit that strong, helps us realize what we are missing when we aren't there. Now that I have children, I believe every church needs a nursery with a nursery worker in it. I think it's important for parents to be able to sit and listen to the message that God is sending and not worry about their children being too loud, or too busy in the pew. The times I have had my children in the church pews with me, I hear about .5% of the service. I don't care how small your church is, or how many children are there, there should be a nursery. Nursery workers should be in the bulletin so that members and visitors KNOW there is someone that will be taking care of your child. I'm screaming this- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!! You never know what parent is sitting there being convicted by God and feeling like they can't move on that because they have to take care of the kids while the service is going on.

I'm looking forward to church tomorrow, even with the rain. Somehow I know it's going to be sunny in the pew. :) I hope everyone gets up and doesn't let the rain stop you from getting to church. I promise you... it will be worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, gathering with fellow Christians at church and worshipping is just undescriable, some say that they can worship at home, on the lake, etc. but Jesus has in the Bible that we should join as fellow believers in Hebrews 10:25. And and I TOTALLY agree on the nursery thing, I think kids need to come to church but they need to have Children's church or nursery for the little ones, b/c it is true you never know who is being convicted and you hate to disturb their moments that might never have a chance again on this side of eternity. Great Post +++++ !!!!!

    ReplyDelete