Thursday, February 23, 2012

Isolation Booth

I think I'm guilty of caring TOO much. 
I want to help when maybe I just simply can't. 

It breaks my heart to know that I don't have the words to say to help someone. It hurts even more when I finally realize that I'm not the person they need in their life during a hard time. 

But... thats life.


And I must get over it.


Someone called it perfectly when they call times like these "The Isolation Booth"


I feel like so many of my friendships are on hold, in limbo, or possibly just damaged beyond repair. 
Everything has changed.  People have changed. I have changed. And relationships that were once wonderful and fulfilling are either gone or empty or have just changed so much without me realizing, that I don't even recognize them or know where to begin to find my way back to them.


That too sucks. 


But I do have some incredible friends that I can call up and "vent" too, or cry with, or just laugh at my own stupidity. And I am thankful for those friendships. 


I pray often for those friends who I've lost touch with. I even pray for those who I have been hurt by. In the end, every action by every party is making me stronger and wiser. 


I have a very exciting future and I'm happy that God is allowing my eyes to be opened and my heart to be softened to those in my life so that I can allow them to be a part of it as well. 


And you all know I love a good quote... so I'll leave you with this one. :) 


Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment