Monday, February 6, 2012

Slowing Down

Over the past month I have slowed down to creeping speed.

I have always been an energizer bunny running nonstop and almost enjoying the chaos of life. 
However, I haven't been 100% happy. 

When things start slowing down I got almost nervous and then started to panic when I realized I've been so busy with life that I have missed out on some of the most precious moments God has given me. 

Because I have wanted to get Zachary's homework done so quickly so I could begin cooking supper at a certain time, I have missed exactly how much he has learned. 

In wanting to get the kids in the bed at their "scheduled" bedtime, I have missed how much they enjoy reading their bedtime story. 

I still have my kids in a schedule. Without it we would all fall apart. However, now I am enjoying each moment throughout the day in turn making me a happier mama. I can see the joy in my boys' eyes. I can see how happy a happy mama makes them. 

My voice is lower, my words are kinder, and my children are happy. 

We will always have some chaos in this house. I have 3 toddlers living here. But it's now "controlled" chaos. And some days are harder than others. Last week we had 3 sick boys and 2 very tired parents. At times it was stressful.

 Life is not always sunshine and rainbows. 

I'm just trying my best to enjoy the clouds and rain too. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment