Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'm gonna miss this.....

People used to tell me when I was pregnant with Zachary to be sure not to blink. 
They will be starting school before you know it.
They told me to enjoy every moment because I'd miss them when they were grown.

But no one ever told me how much I'd miss nursing my sweet babies. 

They didn't tell me how attached I'd get to the sweetness of a baby reaching up to your face while you feed them. 

They didn't tell me how your heart will skip a beat as they grab ahold of your finger while they nuzzle into your breast, getting a full tummy and slowly drifting off to sleep. 

When Tripp was done breastfeeding I had moments where I wanted to cry that I hadn't enjoyed each of those nursing sessions like I should have. 

I longed for those sweet moments again. 

When Landry was born I was so excited to nurse again. It had only been 8 months since I had stopped nursing Tripp but it felt like an eternity. 

Nowadays with each nursing session I grab ahold of each second and I cherish it. 
I allow him to grab my finger and watch as he sometimes drifts off to sleep. 

I take a mental picture of his arm reached up tracing my chin, lips and nose. 

I never want to forget it. 

And occasionally... I have Josh snap a picture for me to keep. 

So when Landry is starting school or marrying his high school sweetheart I can pull it out and remember that exact moment when I was the only person in the world he wanted. 

I don't typically post nursing pictures. I am not ashamed of the purpose of my body but I am a bit reserved. I feel like this picture in particular shows very little but to those mama's who also nurse their babies they understand why it means so much to me today. 








1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I let my kiddos self wean and the saddest part was because they were older and it was few and far between that I could never remember the last time.
    Carrie @ Just Mildly Medicated

    ReplyDelete