Thursday, April 28, 2011

Adoption is pretty amazing....

Monday started out with a lot of anticipation. But ended with the best news I have heard in months... if not years! My sister Alicia and brother in law Ryan found out Monday at 5:00pm they were going to be parents. For those of you who don't know the story, Alicia and her husband Ryan have been waiting to adopt for over a year. With several failed placements, they were faithful that God knew their prayers and would deliver as he promised. You see, God lead them to adoption. It wasn't something that was a fall back plan when conceiving of their own didn't work. They knew it was something God wanted for their life. And Monday, they found out that they could take their little girl home with them the following day.

I couldn't imagine a more perfect little girl to join this family. She will be loved with everything we have in us. Alicia is going to be an incredible mother. Ryan, a wonderful father. I always knew that they would get a baby through adoption, but I must admit, after a while, I questioned on if we would be waiting FOREVER! Well, our wait is over. We have been blessed with a little princess they named Keira Leigh. We are so excited to have you in our lives. I can't wait to meet you and love on you. You are even more beautiful than I ever imagined you could be. Perfect is the only word I can think of to describe you. :) I would like to thank your birth mother for the beautiful sacrifice she made for you. The amount of love she must have had is admirable. I know Alicia and Ryan will do everything in their power to always protect you and love you. You are extremely blessed to have these two as your parents, and we are even more blessed to have you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for them! She is such a little blessing from God!

    ReplyDelete