Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Trimester Nesting?

I will never be compared to Betty Crocker nor Martha Stewart. I can cook just enough to get by and I can sew some awesome pillows and curtains. Asking me to sew anything else would be a joke. Yet during the past week I've found myself "craving" to cook. Cook things I wont even eat. I want to make baked chicken with garlic cloves and basel. I want to make homemade crock pot mac & cheese, homemade chili, and biscuits that don't come from a can. My desire to make the cut little snow men cake tops I saw on pintrest is consuming me. I have saved more recipe sites on the internet in the past 2 days than I have my entire life.   I want to cook. I want to take down my sign that reads "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house" and hang aprons from the hook instead. I'm so glad I coupon. This could be a serious problem otherwise. 

And then there is sewing. I want to make a King size comforter for my bed that is fluffy, and beautiful. I want curtains and pillows galore! I want to sew a dust ruffle (even though they are totally off limits at my house since they serve no purpose but collecting dust) 
I want to re-do my fireplace and make it look pretty again. I want to buy a million picture frames of all shapes and sizes and spray paint them complementing colors and hang them all over this house. I wont even get started on what my mind is doing to my boys rooms. ha ha. 

I'm not sure if I should consider this some sort of "first-trimester nesting"or what... But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!!

I'm going to take before pictures of the house just in case I act on my desires and start changing everything in sight. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what you should consider it, but I've been feeling exactly the same way. Some days I wish I could take everything out of my house and start over only bringing in things I love and getting the rest new, refurbished or re-purposed. Write everything down and make it a goal as something to try as you can. =) Enjoy dreaming... it's what happily-ever-afters are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amber. You have entered my world! LOL. Too bad my love for cooking has been replaced with frustration and tears because of our gluten, dairy, egg, nut, chicken free kitchen. I'm learning to deal with ALL the "no no" foods, but it's so much easier to go crazy cooking when you can use regular (cheap) flour. Sigh. However, now you can understand why I always am redecorating. Too bad I can't afford to do everything I want. Even if I make it myself, fabric, paint, etc. still costs money. I'm currently stewing ideas for every room in this house. I just want to paint something! I will take my creativity and turn it into Christmas gifts for the moment. Then, after Christmas, maybe I can work on some of these projects. :) I'm assuming your morning sickness is a touch better, or you'd be unable to think about food or get off the couch for anything unnecessary. That is a blessing! Take pictures...it's so much fun! Hard work, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I want to do the "Clean House" show and take everything in the front yard and only add back stuff I love. With 3 boys already, we have WAY too much stuff. I just want to make the house beautiful! lol. Oh, and I'm SOOOO ready to decorate for Christmas already!! ha ha. My favorite holiday!

    Whats great is I have zero energy to do any of this stuff. Also, if I am up and moving for more than 30 minutes I start to get nauseous so I doubt my list will get a lot marked off soon. lol

    ReplyDelete