Monday, October 3, 2011

It's gonna be so worth it!!

This pregnancy is kicking my butt. I'm only 7 weeks and yet I am already finding myself wishing this part would hurry along. Morning sickness started off super early. As soon as I peed on the stick, I started throwing up. I had one good week where I felt like a million bucks. For the past two weeks I have been battling severe morning sickness. On average I throw up between 15-30 times a day. Some days are better than others. A little less than a week ago, I made my first trip to the ER for dehydration. After 3 bags of fluids through an IV and a quick ultrasound to check on the baby(s) I was sent home. I'm now on 8mg of Zofran, which as some of you know causes pretty severe constipation. I'm on day 7 without a bowel movement. I suppose saying my stomach is killing me is a given. I never realized how the lack of bowel movements could completely disable you. Yes, I mean disable. The simplest of things seem to make everything hurt more. Even walking has become painful. Of course, being this constipated has also brought back the throwing up and nausea. So we go around and around.

Acne has been another new pregnancy symptom that has found me. I look like a 16 year old boy going through puberty. I have 5 large boulders on my face with some smaller zits coming up as I type this. I can live with the zits though. They are the least of my concern at the moment.

I'm going in for a follow up with my OBGYN this Thursday. Hopefully they will be able to give me something that can help the morning sickness without completely stopping me up in the process.

With all that being said, I know that as soon as I hold my tiny precious baby for the first time everything will be forgotten. Or at least worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment